Thursday, August 1, 2019

Itineraries of Walt Disney World: EPCOT Part 1


EPCOT means Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It is so big that I will write about it in two blogs.




The first area you come to when you arrive at EPCOT is Future World. It has a lot of rides that are fun. This part of the park can take one full day to explore. Here are my suggestions.

  • Start off with Mission:Space. Note the Green mission is less intense then the Orange mission. When I was there in April I took the Orange Mission to Mars with my mom, my brother Greg, and my Grandma. It was stressful and I was scared! I like it, it was fun, but small children should go to the Green Mission like my dad, my brother Matt and my Grandpa did because it wasn’t so extreme.
  •  Make your way to Test Track for some super-fast fun. Note the lines are shorter for single riders. I went on this attraction twice, once with my family and once alone because I did the single rider line, although my brothers were in line with me. The best part about this ride is it is fast!
  • Fastpass Spaceship Earth because it is original.  
The author and her family outside of Spaceship Earth

  • Head over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends for lunch at the Coral Reef. They have a beautiful view of the aquarium while you dine.
The author dining at the Coral Reef Restaurant at EPCOT

  • After lunch stay in The Seas with Nemo and Friends for the attraction of the same name. Then go to Turtle Talk with Crush. This is an interactive conversation with the audience that is different every time because the character Crush really talks to the audience!
  • Be sure to go to The Land for the attraction Living with the Land for a nice relaxing boat ride. It’s interesting to know that the fresh produce served at Walt Disney World is grown here.
  • Use another Fastpass for Soarin’ Around the World to go places you have never been before. The top row is the best seat to feel you are truly flying.
  • Go to IMAGINATION! for Journey into Imagination with Figment. This is my favorite place in Future World. Figment is a lovable character and I love him the best! Stay for Imageworks Labs. Have your picture taken as a Disney Princess or a Star Wars or Pirate character!
The author & her Grandpa outside of IMAGINATION! enjoying the "flying water"

  • Stay in IMGINATION! for the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival. It’s a great place to cool off, rest your feet, and enjoy some classic Pixar short films.
The author and her family at the Pixar Short Film Festival 

Next, join me for Part 2 of EPCOT when I explore World Showcase!




The author at EPCOT (April 2019)

Rosie 187 is almost 10 years old and will be starting 4th grade in September. She is an excellent swimmer, a green belt in karate, a Junior Girl Scout, a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, and a beloved student by all of her teachers. Math is her favorite subject in school. She enjoys swimming, drawing, playing dolls, and experimenting with fashion and makeup. Soon Rosie 187 will be getting her ears pierced! Rosie plans to write about World Showcase in EPCOT next!

5 comments:

  1. Now I REALLY can't wait to go back again! Very well written! can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rosemaliee, it was almost like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidently spelled your name wrong please excuse me: ROSEMILEE. Keep up the good work, it helps having an author for a mom. She’s the very BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemilee, Your blog is terrific! Gpa & I enjoyed our trip to Disney so much with you! We really liked Soarin’, lunch at The Coral Seas & the Flying waters! Thank you for helping us relive our fun trip��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the itinerary, you summed up all the experiences there very well. I also never knew what Epcot stood for having been there several times myself, but I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete